I am doing Shivan pooja the following way:
- Flowers/prasadam for guru, followed by small shlokam for guru
- Flowers/prasadam for Ganesh, followed by chanting Om gum ganapathaye namaha 108 times
- Chanting rudram and doing Shivan abhishekam
- Abhishekam is done by first pouring water, then milk, then pouring water again.
- Then decorating Shiva (i.e. flowers, thilakam, etc)
- Singing Sivan song
- Finally, showing arthi and singing Mantra pushpam
But is this the proper way of doing so? I am doing this based on readings online, but I want to be advised on proper protocol.