Few days ago I had an arguments with one person on instagram on one topic. suddenly our discussion turns towards Shree Ram and our discussion turned into religious topic. Here are some parts of discussions (as I remember) which will help you to understand what is my question.
- He: Civilised people is not what you are saying because even Shree Ram killed bali with fraud, how you will see Ram on this?
- Me: Don't give example of Shree Ram without knowing the full truth. He did it on purpose of protecting dharma and spread justice in world. I use to watch Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan on YouTube almost daily. I know all fact about it. If you wanna know more on it then go and watch by yourself.
- He: ahaha you are telling me on behalf of a tv serial lol. What you will find from a serial. Go and read Ramayan and Ram Charitmanas... Only after reading these books you will come to know about it.
- Me: (got little agry after reading his last comment) Why not tv serial? You think books are more genuine than TV serial? May be you don't know but let me tell you for your information that the books that you use to read are Published by companies and writer of those books will be a writer from today's time. If you will see writer name of Ramayan then you won't see Balmiki written on it but instead it will be name of some writter who just wrote this book. The actual Ramayan of Balmiki can't be found. So the writer of books and writer of TV serial script are both from today's time, not from Satyug or DwaparYug. Then on what basis you believe books are more genuine than serial since both are written by companies (publisher company and tv serial maker company).
- He: (stated laughing at me and earagantly reply with some very bad words) I read books and also watch serials, so I know what's the difference between them. Go and read books then you will come to know.
Note: Although he said he knows the difference since he has seen both but still I believe he just faking it so that he won't loose the arguments and the bad words he used in last comments (that i didn't mentioned) are proove of this coz when people start loosing any arguments then they start getting personal.
But now I actually want to know is there any difference between knowledge provides by books and TV serial? Both shares same incidents of Lord Ram's life and teachings then what could be possible difference between them.
Can't I say that I know all about my Lord Ram's life because I have watched Ramanad Sagar's Ramayan? Or I will be applicable of saying this only when I will read Ram Charitmanas?
I got some useful comments but still not got clear answer. I know serials can add stuff to increase TRP but I am not talking about all serial but only Ramand Sagar's Ramayan because I believe this is most trustworty serial ever made on Ramayan.
If some one has read books and also watch serial of Ramanad Sagar then Please point out what difference are there. Give example of some incident which are in book but not in serial and which are in serial but not in book.
Right now I am getting reply only based on assumptions which might be right or might be wrong.