- Penanace is said to be a major way to eliminate our Bad Karmas.
- In Today's Life it is hard to do Penance for some reasons.
MY QUESTION :
- Is there any Other method for eliminating our Bad Karmas Equal to doing a penance ?
Manu Smriti 11.227. By confession, by repentance, by austerity, and by reciting (the Veda) a sinner is freed from guilt, and in case no other course is possible, by liberality.
So, if you are not willing to do penance or austerity then charity is the best way along with confessions and repentance. All these remove bad karmas or sins as per the above verse.
And, specially in Kali Yuga charity or danam is most effective as the following verse from Parashara Smriti says:
Tapah Param Krita Yuge TretAyAm GyAnamuchayathe | DwApare YajnamevAhuh DAnameva Kalau Yuge ||
- " Self-mortification is the rule in the Krita age ; knowledge is said (to be the same) in the Treta ; in the Dvapara, (they) say sacrifice (to the gods to be) the sole (rule) ; and charity alone in the Kali age.
So, instead of adopting the other paths which were more suitable for the previous yugas, one can adopt charity as an effective measure for removing sins in the current yuga.
And, among all kinds of charity, one charity stands out, viz: the one called Tula Purusha which is described in the following verse :
- The chandrayana penance, the eating of unripe barley, the form of making a gift, called the Tulapurusha, [I, e., making a gift of such a quantity of any substance as is equal in weight to a male human being], and the act of walking behind cows, — these put an end to all kinds of sin ( Parashara Smriti 12-80).
There are various methods to expiate sins.
How to get rid of the effect of sins
Yudhisthira says,’…a perpetrated sin is expiated by auspicious acts, by publishing it wildly, by repentance, by alms-giving, by penances, by trips to tirthas after renunciation of everything, by constant meditation on the scriptures. Of all these, he that has practiced renunciation is believed to be incapable of committing sins anew. ‘
Mahabharata Santi Parva Section VII
Saranagati(Self-Surrender) to SrimanNarayana is the easiest way to absolve oneself of all sins. This sentiment is aptly reflected in the following verse of Bhagavad Gita as expounded by Sri Krishna to Arjuna:
सर्वधर्मान्परित्यज्य मामेकं शरणं व्रज।
अहं त्वा सर्वपापेभ्यो मोक्षयिष्यामि मा शुचः।।18.66।।
Sarva Dharmaan Parityajya Mamekam Sharanam Vraja|
Aham tva sarva papebhyo moksha ishyami ma shuchaha||
Meaning: Relinquishing all notions of dharma, surrender yourself onto me alone and I shall deliver you from your sins. Knowing thus, Do not Grieve!
If you acquire true knowledge about Lord Krishna, that will release you of all sins (bad karma) as stated in the Bhagavad gita 10.3:
He who knows Me as the unborn, as the beginningless, as the Supreme Lord of all the worlds – he only, undeluded among men, is freed from all sins.
Do Om Meditation Continually ,it slowly clear your sins and good for health. As human beings, we have the ability to erase impression and fear through meditation. Meditation is there to rectify painful karma, at least reduce their impact or effect.