Almost every vegetarian food is valid in at least one fast. Meaning, if one food is not allowed in a particular fast then the same food will be allowed in some other fast. For example,
- In Hanuman's fast salty food is forbidden But we can eat salt in Navratra's fast.
- Normal rice is forbidden in Navratra's fast but we can eat it in Hanuman's fast and in some others also.
- And almost everything is eatable in Satya Narayana's fast except onion and garlic.
By above examples I came to know that if one God rejects one food then some other God accepts the same food.
Onion (and may be garlic also) is the food which is not allowed in any of the fasts.
- Why do all Gods reject onion?
- Why is onion rejected in every fast?