List of the seven immortals are as below,
- Ashwatthama, the son of Drona.
- Bali, also called MahaBali, was the virtuous emperor of the three worlds and grandson of Prahlad
- Hanuman, served Rama. He stands for selflessness, courage, devotion, strength, and righteous conduct.
- Kripa, military guru of the princes in the Mahabharata.
- Parashurama, 6th avatar of Vishnu,
- Vibhishana, brother of Ravana.
- Vyasa, the sage who composed the Mahabharata.
Hindu scripture contains a mantra about the seven immortals, in which their names are recited for luck and longevity:
अश्वत्थामाबलिर्व्यासोहनुमांश्च विभीषण:कृपश्चपरशुरामश्च सप्तैतेचिरंजीविन:।
Ashwathaama Balir Vyasaha Hanumantha Vibeeshanaha
Apart from the seven Chiranjivis above mentioned, there exist other Chiranjivis as well. For instance, Sage Markandeya, when at the age of sixteen, was blessed with immortality.
Other immortals or Chiranjivins. Jambavan, Markandeya, Devapi, Maru, Saptarishis, Bhusunda (Crow), Alha and Udal.