Bhagawan Shiva is the controller of everyone and So is called Pashu Pati.
Sri Shiva Maha Purana 2.5:5:31.:
1. On hearing these words of the distressed Viṣṇu and Brahmā, Śiva laughingly spoke in the rumbling tone of the cloud.
2. “O dear Viṣṇu, O Brahmā, cast off your fear from all sides. Certainly something good will result from the activities of Śaṅkhacūḍa.
3. I know all the details of his activities factually as well as those of Sudāmā the cowherd devotee of Kṛṣṇa.
4. At my bidding Viṣṇu has assumed the form of Kṛṣṇa and is stationed in the cowshed in the beautiful Goloka presided over by me.
5. Considering himself independent under a delusion he indulged in many kinds of sportive dalliance like a deluded licentious person.
6. On seeing his excessive delusion as a result of my deceptive art I suppressed their virtuous intellect and made them suffer curse.
7. Having thus performed my sport, I suppressed the illusion. Regaining knowledge they got rid of delusion and became well-intentioned.
8. They came near me in a piteous plight. After bowing to me they eulogised me devoutly and humbly with palms joined in reverence.
9. Overwhelmed by shame they told me all the details. Dejected, they lamented before me saying the words “Save us, O save us.”
10. Then I, becoming delighted, told them these words, Kṛṣṇa, you forget your fear at my behest.
11. I am the protector, always infused with love. Good will befall you. All this has happened at my will. There is no doubt in it.
12. Go to your abode along with Rādhā and your comrade. He will become a Dānava here in Bhārata, certainly.
13-14. At the proper time I shall redeem you from the curse”. What I told thus Śrīkṛṣṇa and Rādhā accepted readily. Śrīkṛṣṇa the intelligent rejoiced and returned to his abode. There they engaged themselves in propitiating me and bidding their time.
15. Realising that everything is subject to my control and his will is not independent, Sudāmā became the lord of Dānavas as a result of the curse of Rādhā.
16. The virtuous demon Śaṅkhacūḍa distresses and harasses the gods always with his might. He is evil-minded to this extent.
17. He has been deluded by my deception and hence he seeks the help of evil ministers. But myself being the chastiser of the wicked you can get rid of his fear quickly”.
Mata Mahā Māyā as Yoga Māya also controlls him.
Srimad Devi Bhagwatam Mahā Puranam 5.:1.:
12-54. Vyāsa said :---"...She the Yoga Māyā who is indirectly, with the twinklings of Her eyes, creating, preserving and destroying this universe. It is the Yoga Māyā that caused Kṛṣṇa to be transferred from his lying-in chamber to the village Vraja and then protected him in the house of the cowherd Nanda; afterwards took him to Mathurā for the destruction of Kaṃsa, whence he was led again out of Jarāsandha’s fear to the city Dvārkā. It is She that created from Her Ownself the eight Nāikās (the leading mistresses) and also sixteen thousand and fifty women for the pleasure and enjoyment of Kṛṣṇa Bhagwān, the incarnation of Ananta (Viṣṇu Bhagavān); thus Kṛṣṇa Bhagavān was made completely subservient to them just like a perfect slave. When a young woman, though she is alone, can bind a man down by the network of Māyā, like strong iron chain, what wonder is there that the sixteen thousand and fifty women would make Kṛṣṇa play in their hands like a Śuka bird and make him an instrument to serve any purpose that they liked. Śrī Kṛṣṇa got himself so much under the control of Satyabhāmā that He went gladly under her commands to Indra’s heavens to get the Pārijāta flowers. There he had to fight with Indra and subsequently stole away the Pārijāta tree and gave it to Satyabhāmā as a very valuable ornament to be kept in her room. Behold! The same Kṛṣṇa, by His own prowess, defeated Śiśupāla and others for the preservation of religion and then stole away Rukmiṇī, the daughter of Bhīma and afterwards married her as his legal wife; where is the rule, then observed that it is a sin to take away another’s wife? Thus all embodied beings get themselves subdued by Ahamkāra and do acts, good or bad, confounded and deluded by the network of Moha that always drags one down below..."
I hope this clarifies all your queries. Prd..