This article lists 6 categories of avatars one of them being Purusha Avatar:
- Purusha avataras
- Lila avataras
- Guna avataras
- Manvantara avataras
- Yuga avataras
- Shaktyavesha avataras
The same article also lists some examples of Purusha avatars of Krishna:
Krishna first incarnates as the three purusha avataras namely:
- Karanodakashayi Vishnu - "The Lord who is lying on the causal ocean".
- Garbhodakashayi Vishnu - "The Lord who is lying on the universal ocean".
- Kshirodakashayi Vishnu - "The Lord who is lying on the ocean of milk".
- What does purusha avatar actually mean in the above context?
- Does it have any scriptural basis?
- Besides Krishna, are there more such purusha avatars?