Is sri datta stavam a part of any scripture? If yes, what is the name of the scripture? Else, who wrote it?
According to this blog article Shri Datta Stavam is composed by Shri Vasudevanand Saraswathy (Tembe swamy 1854–1914).This stotra is also having another name as "Jaya Laabhaadhikara Shree Dattastavam".
Which is having 9 shlokas. As we can see this stotra is fairly new one and is not part of any ancient hinduism scriptures.
I am herewith posting the sanskrit shlokas of Datta Stavam , the meaning of which can be found on Hindudharmaforums site. Its believed among Shri Datta devotees that reciting this stotra a person gets Wealth , peace of mind , success , material desires and ultimately Moksha.
- Dattatreyam mahatmanam varadam bhakta vatsalam
Prapannarthi haram vande smartrgami Sanovatu
- Dinabandum Krpasindhum sarvakarana karanam
Sarva raksakaram vande smartrgami sanovatu
- Saranagata dinarta paritrana parayanam
Narayanam vibhum vande smartrgami sanovatu
- Sarvanartha haram devam sarva mangala mangalam
Sarvaklesa haram vande smartrgami sanovatu
- Brahmanyam dharma tattvajnam bhakta kirti vivardhanam
Bhaktabhista pradam vande smartrgami sanovatu
- Sosanam papapankasya dipanam jnanatejasah
Tapa prasamanam vande smartrgami sanovatu
- Sarvaroga prasamanam sarvapida nivaranam
Vipaduddharanam vande smartrgami sanovatu
- Janmasamsara bandhajnam svarupananda dayakam
Nissreyasa padam vande smartrgami sanovatu
- Jaya labha yasah kama datu rdattasya yastavam
Bhogamoksha prada syemam prapathet sakriti bhavet