I just want to ask that is there any university in India or outside India which is able to award Ph.D. in Hinduism. As whatever I searched on Google, there is no university in the India. Please suggest if there is any.

  • There is no PHD in hinduism, the most important limbs of hinduism are available for formal studies these are Sanskrit language , Vedas. – Yogi Aug 8 '15 at 14:44
  • 1
    @Yogi I think you can do a PhD in Indology or Hinduism studies. – Keshav Srinivasan Aug 8 '15 at 15:02
  • Mentioned answers are good resources to find doctorate programs. I am having two specific subquestions: 1. if I want to pursue PhD on specific area, say on Lord Shiva, Is it possible? 2 I need remote Phd programs from India to anywhere. If any idea, please give hint, – rammayur Aug 9 '15 at 16:00

the topic of religion comes under term "Philosophy" and there are many Indian universities offering doctoral studies on any subject including Hinduism. You need google using the key word "Phd + Philosophy". alternatively you can also search using term "Indologist'

You can browse the weblink apaonline.org/?page=gradguide which has data on philosophy education programs primarily in USA and other locations.


Yes, Hindu University of America offers a Doctoral Degree in Hinduism: http://www.hua.edu/doctorate_programs.php

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .