The Stack Overflow podcast is back! Listen to an interview with our new CEO.

Hot answers tagged

13

Kundali and Gunas are just a part of the mathematics which is given a name "Astrology". As per the person's birth time and birth place, the effect gravitational forces of planets and stars on those two persons forms their matching Lagana kundali. Now this mathematics of astrology is "Probability" based outcome. Astrology gives you % of probability based on ...


8

Human character is complex. Emotions can be said to a be Chemical Imbalance, that can be explained completely by chemistry. As per what scientist have tested on rats but when we look closely chemicals / hormones ONLY can define Instincts, like Lust, Aggression, Frustration etc. These are the traits that are makes Humans to "fall" (to standard of animal). ...


8

Manglik is a person with Kuja dosha or Mangal dosha or Chevvai dosha. When mars is placed in 1,2,4,7,8 or 12th place from Sukra(Venus), Chandra(Moon) or lagna, this dosha appears in one's horoscope. It isn't any bad sign or bad omen. Its just a different astrological combination that occurs to few people based on their time and date of birth. This dosha ...


4

It is said and stated, in our scriptures and Vedas, that persons with larger number match of gunas in the Kundali results in a fruitful marriage. So, if gunas are not matching in the Kundali, then it means there is lower chance of compatibility between the two persons. Thus, lesser chance of marriage survival. Nobody starts to love someone after seeing his/...


3

You don't need internet for that purpose if you have an Ephemeris with you. For example, the book Raman's 110 years Ephemeris will allow you to compute any horoscope provided the birth has occurred between 1891-2001 A.D. Similarly, the book Raman's New Millennium 50 Year Ephemeris (2001-2050 AD) will allow you to calculate any birth charts for the period ...


2

Does love marriage or arrange marriage really depend on you and your partner's Kundali and the Gunas? If we use divorce as a measure of failure then no. India's divorce rate is 1% even though only ~80% of its population practice some form of Hinduism. That means that the other ~20% --people who does not practice Hinduism-- is just as successful in ...


2

Those believe in Hinduism trust that the Planets in the sky rule the world. When there is movement of SUN from one Raasi to another Raasi, there are changes like calamities, accidents etc. The Hindus believe the Full Moon and New Moon. Many people don't perform marriages or other auspicious ceremonies on New Moon because Moon is weak. Moon rules one's mind ...


2

Vedas are studied through Vedangas. Vedangas are limbs of Vedas. There are six vedangas. The six Vedangas are Siksha, Chhanda, Vyakarana, Nirukta, Jyotisha and Kalpa. Hence study of Vedas is incomplete without Jyotish (science of Astrology).. _____________________________________ Here are some refrences from Vedas: RV3.54.19 May the Gods' envoy, ...


1

No dosha is permanent , be it in any lineage. But, if a person is born is a lineage with dosha and inherits the dosha, then understand it as manifestation of his own sins done in previous lives. It is like sending a criminal to a prison where already guilty persons are present having done similar crimes. Please do not think that an innocent person will ...


1

Does practice of Kundalis or Jyotisha core of the Hindu doctrine? No There is an abundance of Hindu texts and each one is important like Jyotisha is and nothing forms a core. Also, there might have been Hellenestic influences as you mention. These influences are common when information exchange happens. Similarly, Jyotisha has influenced Hellenistic and ...


1

No, there are many techniques used in Jyotisha for matching of horoscopes and neither of them prescribe to the prevalent caste-system. The most populist technique is the Ashtakoota system which focuses only on the behavorial patterns of both the parties. These 8 factors are: Varna: this factor represents the spiritual development of the partners ...


Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible